Animal Sketches
The Amateur Sketch artist part II
This is a follow up post to my post on reviving old hobbies. In my journey to revive old hobbies to beat the stress I tried different things like stamp collection, reading, and sketching of course. I have even started to take online courses on different topics which has certainly helped me open my mind to greater knowledge and helped me do my work better.
In the previous post The Amateur Sketch artist I talked about pencil sketching as a art. Everyone is a artist deep inside, some are expressive of their imagination and creativity while other create things in their mind and never let the world know it. Also artistic sense is different in different people. We can't really compare ourselves with others. They play a different game. So the best thing we can do is improve ourselves and do better than our previous work. As long as you are satisfied with your work others opinion shouldn't matter but it is also good to take in account the constructive criticism. Some times criticism actually helps in improving and getting to a right direction but we shouldn't really let it get to our head.
Pencil sketching is my top priority among the hobbies. It gives me the satisfaction of creating something. Although I take help from online videos whenever I feel I didn't do something properly the final sketch is my creation. With all the imperfections it still give me great satisfaction.
In my previous post about sketching I posted my works which consisted of anime sketches and sketch of the human eye and the cat eye. My curiosity in drawing animals was triggered when I saw a photo of a tiger on the internet. It was an image of a majestic royal bengal tiger drinking water from a pond. I tried my hand in drawing animals after that. Reference photos play a very important role in any sketch.
I am posting some of my works here.
| The Beast |
Well how can we miss the king when drawing animals. Here it is
| The Lion King |
In both these sketches I had to put in more effort on getting the hairs, fur right. Even though I would have liked to add more details to the eyes I couldn't do so because of the size. I will try to add more details in the next sketch because eyes give life to the sketch and makes it look more realistic.
My sketching journey has taken shape very well. I'm now starting to learn good sketching techniques to make my sketches more detailed. I hope to find more time and keep drawing. I think I can sketch some really good ones soon. I hope to draw that tiger which caught my eyes as best as I can very soon. Till then the journey continues ...
Links to my other posts on sketching.
The Amateur Sketch artist
Animal sketches II
My sketching journey has taken shape very well. I'm now starting to learn good sketching techniques to make my sketches more detailed. I hope to find more time and keep drawing. I think I can sketch some really good ones soon. I hope to draw that tiger which caught my eyes as best as I can very soon. Till then the journey continues ...
Links to my other posts on sketching.
The Amateur Sketch artist
Animal sketches II
Comments
Post a Comment