Animal Sketches II

The Amateur Sketch Artist - III

I had already posted some of my sketches in the previous few blogs, I have some more sketches of mine which are worth posting. It had been a while since I blogged as I got caught up with work and other things like reading etc. I have made some time today to continue my blogging experiments. I hope to continue this regularly.

Tiger sketch, pencil sketch
TIGER

This is one of my best sketches. It took me a while to complete since the tiger fur at some parts were white in color which meant I had to carefully remove some of the pencil marks at appropriate places to make it look like a white hair. To make those black marks I had to use darker pencils and also had to take care so that it wouldn't leak into other lighter parts of the sketch. In every sketch the eyes are the most important part since it brings the sketch alive. I spent a considerable amount of time to make it look as realistic as possible. 


Leopard sketch, pencil art
The Leopard
This is also one of the time consuming ones since it had good amount of fur and patterns to sketch. The patterns on this one are short dot like pattern unlike the stripe patterns on the tiger. It took a lot of time to sketch good number of short black patterns because I had to make sure all the dots were in sync and were part of a larger pattern. The best part was sketching the black beard like patterns near the mouth. Since it was dark with light background the contrast appeared good. 


Eagle pencil sketch, pencil art
The Eagle
This was my first attempt at sketching a bird. The inspiration was a photo I saw on the internet of a eagle sitting on a broken tree on a beach. The photo looked so good that it made me grab the pencils after a long time. Birds had different kind of feature. The feathers on the birds were very different from the animal fur patterns. I spent a good amount of time to add details to the feather. Although I would have liked to add more details to make it more realistic I consider it a good first attempt.


The sleepy leopard


The lock down sketch. This is my first sketch in 2 years. As I progress in my career my priorities changed. I had very little time and interest to sketch.  But lockdown due to covid-19 forced me start again. I had too much spare time as I was working from home.This is an attempt to capture some of our mood during a work day after lunch. The inspiration to this sketch is a photo I saw on the Instagram account of Nat Geo wild.


So all of you out there reading this, there is no better way to spend your weekend than on your favorite hobby. So grab your pencils and start drawing...

In the next few post I plan to post some of the photographs from my collections that I found interesting. I hope to make time for it and post it as soon as possible.

If you had missed my other parts of the sketching experiments you can find it here

For visit my Instagram page here:Vignesh Anandan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthem By Ayn Rand

The Amateur Photographer

The Stamp Collector